A Transformative Design Leader
A Transformative Design Leader, Educator and Mentor
● “Unlocking tools, people, and ideas for design innovation”
● Taught and conducted HCD research at:
○ University of Minnesota
○ The University of Michigan
○ Virginia Tech
● Applied HCD in consumer electronics, telephony, computing, Industrial automation, and government
● Established global design operations at Emerson
Global impact on products, solutions, and people
● Moved dozens of digital products to market faster with high return on
investment with strategic design thinking workshops and design sprints.
● Expanded Emerson portfolio to include products based on IIOT, artificial intelligence and machine learning.
● Increased HP revenue by growing enterprise software licenses from 40K to 140K+ / year.
● Trained 1000s of people on design thinking, facilitation and design education
● Supported remote design thinking workshops with the use of MURAL,Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and WebEx.
● Worked with: Emerson, HP, Nortel, NYNEX, Philips, MURAL, LUMA Institute
Email : Jay.Elkerton@shnorh.com